A Map of Property of Phillip C. Van Wyck Esq., surveyed by Thomas C. Cornell in August 1850.
Below is a detail showing the Quaker meeting house and cemetery that was along what is now Grand Street, between South Mt. Airy Road and Church Street. The land was purchased in 1797 by Robert Underhill and several other trustees of the Society of Friends. The property was sold between 1904 and 1909 and most of the graves were moved to a Quaker cemetery in Amawalk.
One thought on “Van Wyck Property Map, 1850”