High Bridge was built in 1842, with timbers from the Adirondacks, floated down Hudson to the site. Spanning the Croton River between Van Cortlandt Manor and Quaker Bridge, High Bridge was 100 feet long, perched 60 feet above river. It was used until 1879, when it fell into the river.
The photo above is from a rare stereoview, looking west from the Ossining side of the river. The building on the left was part of the mill complex, originally started by the Underhills, though this structure was most likely built long after the Underhill lease had ended.